Friday, September 15, 2006

Over 900

Hadn't had any exercise all week, but had a couple of free hours today, sans rain, so got out for a 17-miler up and down the river again. No hills, no pain, no gain, but it was good to get out at any rate.

Since Sunday, I had adjusted the headset, which did indeed have some free play, cleaned the front rim and brake pads, and picked up a couple of spare tubes. The bike seemed really smooth and quiet today, especially over bumps, without the usual front rattle, and the brakes also had a much better feel.

May have time for a longer ride on Sunday morning/early afternoon, weather permitting. I'm thinking about the Mariaville/Esperance/Duanesburg loop again. Seems like that was 30-something, with plenty of hills and good roads overall. Another option is a 45-50 mile ride out to Fort Hunter and Schoharie Crossing, which I haven't done yet this year. Mostly flat and kinda boring, but at least it makes me feel like I'm going somewhere. Or, there's the Hudson River from Schuylerville to Fort Edward and back, another 50-miler. I've only done a piece of that one, on the century 2 years ago, but the rest has been on the list for awhile now. There's also travel time involved on that one, so will wait and see how the weekend goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home