Thursday, September 07, 2006

800 miles

Today was a picture-perfect late summer day, with lots of sun and temps in the 70s. And I was stuck inside working. At least I was telecommuting and got a half-hour jump on the after-work activity, which was another ride.

After seeing last night that I was at 783, I just needed to push it over the top. And I needed to climb some hills, in preparation for the weekend. The ride that came to mind was the Pattersonville/Florida Rd/Bullhead Rd/Thayer Rd loop, beginning and ending at Kiwanis Park, with a 4-5 mile flat at each end on NY5S. It added up to 18.7 when all was said and done, at a little over a 14 mph pace. That included a 4+-mile climb, and a 4+-mile descent (maxed out at 38 mph), and the whole thing took about an hour and a quarter. My butt was a little sore off and on throughout, and the legs are a little tired tonight, but I'm slowly getting back into shape. Still some daylight left when I reached the car at 6:30, so there are a few more weeks of evening rides possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home