Sunday, August 13, 2006

No commute this week

Or next week either. To Nashville on business next week, and I need to carry the laptop back and forth this week, to get it up to date and ready for that trip. Monday and Wednesday look OK weather-wise, but not Tuesday. And those are the days when I just can't really do it. And I'm just tired anyway. And I need to get the car in for service. Many excuses, but "tired" is the main reason.

Lots of yard work today, then did the basic 14.6-mile river loop, with a strong headwind and a sore butt, from Thursday night's "dog incident". (Going up Currybush Connection in the rain, and suddenly there they were. I wasn't going to outrun them uphill, so I stopped. Suddenly. Without unclipping. Tail of the bike went up, and I almost went over the handlebars, but I was clipped in. Tail came back down, I landed hard on the seat, and then managed to unclip without falling over. Then I dealt with the dogs.) But I've been sore ever since, and that 14.6 today (on top of the other stuff) was plenty, and I just don't feel like riding to work tomorrow. Next chance will be August 28, after not riding for 10 days. SWC ride this Thursday, then will need to find something to do at the hotel for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home