Finally!
Daylight is getting so short, and weekends so otherwise-occupied, that I've been off the bike since that Thacher Park ride. I've been on the trainer a couple/few times a week since then, but no outdoor riding in weeks. Did a bunch of yard work today, then with a couple hours to spare, and temps in the sunny upper 40s, I did the usual river ride again, 14.5 miles.
Came upon kind of a sobering scene at the NY 5S bike path crossing. A cyclist was lying in the middle of the road, and traffic was stopped in both directions. A law enforcement official was on his radio, and a few other people were milling about. The man was not moving, and his eyes were closed. His bike was standing against the guard rail on the far side of the road, and didn't look to be especially mangled in any way. But the man was slightly east (8-10') from the crossing itself, which might imply a collision. There were no cars (as far as I could tell) pulled over at a point where they would have been past the bike path, so if it was a collision, it may have been a hit/run. The victim wasn't anybody I recognized, the situation was already under control, and there was nothing I could have done, so I continued on my way west on 5S. Fire and rescue personnel were headed toward me from Rotterdam Junction as I approached. Gotta know more about this one.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home