Monday, July 17, 2006

No rides this week

SWC ride last Thursday was a rolling 21.6 near Altamont. I was told by another rider: "You're the most relaxed rider I've ever seen!", which means I must be doing something right. Kept a 15.5 pace and finished with the front of our small group, and it felt good.

Hoped for another long-ish ride this weekend, but events and temperatures were against me. First, we went canoe-camping Friday and Saturday. Then things got VERY hot (and still are), I made arrangements for a buyer to pick up my old car, and it was my birthday, with some special events. So, no ride. Off to Cape Cod for a wedding from Wed - Sat, so next possibility will be Sunday, 7/23. Too hot to commute tomorrow, with temps in the mid-90s, humid, and a chance of storms.

Ready to start laying out equipment, bag by bag, for the Glimmerglass trip, now potentially only 2 weeks off. The list looks pretty good, but now I have to see what REALLY fits, and what else I can drop. Then, a test ride, fully loaded, sometime next week. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for July 31 - August 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home