2 in a row
Today was the first time this season that I can remember biking on consecutive days. Crazy weather. With any luck, I'll get in another (bigger) ride over this long holiday weekend.
Did 17.7 last night on the SWC ride, going the usual long way around Galway Lake, with the uphills on Ridge Road and Lake Road at the very end. I took the old bike, because of impending rain that never happened, but had no problem keeping up, averaging 14.5 mph. Amazingly, the hills were no problem at all, especially compared to some past years when I nearly had to walk that last one. I must be doing something right.
Got out of work early today (Thanks, Craig!) at 3pm, and the weather was beautiful, if windy, so went for another ride. Took the new bike this time, and biked from home to French's Hollow, continued to 146, west to 158, to County Line Rd, and back home, for another 17.7 miles. Windy and trafficky, given the time of day, but a nice ride. Averaged 14.4 on this one, including some slow bumpy going on a poor County Line Road.
Talked to John yesterday, and he's dropping off the Otsego Lake ride for various reasons. Walt prefers the first two weeks in August, so will try to accommodate that as my first choice(s). Still need to narrow down the packing list and see what fits, and also continue some serious hill training. Next week's SWC jaunt goes from the river up to Mariaville and back, so that should be a big help.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home