Handlebar Bag
I finally decided on the Arkel Small Bar Bag , ordered it on Monday night, and it arrived today. I'm now glad I didn't order the large, and I think this one will serve me well. Had a little trouble getting the clamps on the Trek 520 handlebars, first because the installation instructions didn't quite match reality, and second, because the diameter of my handlebars was somewhere between using or not using the shims provided. Finally got it on, with a very tight fit, and am pleased with the results. I certainly won't be changing bikes with it at all - it's there to stay. With rock-solid mounting, quick release, shoulder strap, and rain cover, this should be all the bag I'll ever need.
Also patched up the old Cannondale bag, covered a few holes, and added new straps, and this will be the handlebar bag for the other bike, for commuting and other miscellaneous garbage rides.
Checked temperatures for the last two weeks of March, and it's like 44/27 improving to 50/33. That's a little cool for commuting, but we'll see how it goes. After that, DST messes up the hours again, and forces me to wait until early May. Gotta get back on the road...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home