Why I'm Doing This
Ok, there's the novelty of understanding the whole "new" blogging thing. I won't lie - that's part of it. But as the description in the header states, there's another reason. In a few years, I'm seriously considering a transcontinental bike trip. There are other ways to keep the world apprised of my whereabouts, but this one has some appeal because of the possibility of submitting daily (or occasional) entries from wherever I happen to be, using the simplicity of email, or even cell phone text messaging, in addition to local libraries for web posting and other means. Carrying a PDA, keyboard, and modem is a very lightweight solution. I've been typing and uploading entries from my Palm Vx to the Cycling the Erie Canal 2003 blog for a few days now, well after the fact, just to see if it's feasible. There are certainly some formatting issues, but the text gets there and can be cleaned up later. Post times have been improving, and if it stays within 24 hours, this just might work. And it's still a couple of years out, so there's still time for improvement.
Just in case anybody was wondering what this was all about...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home