Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cold ride...

Got out for another 13.4-mile ride yesterday, with temps in the 30s and a howling NW wind. The outbound leg had a really nice tailwind, but coming back was hell. Rode the old commuter bike this time, just to be sure everything there is ready to go. No problems noted, and my time for this ride was only slightly slower than the week before on the Trek. Monday looks like a very cold morning (15-20), and a windy rest of the day, so I think I'll skip it and shoot for Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Cold or wind alone would not be an issue, but the combination definitely makes me want to wait a bit.

Turns out the front fender "click" that I was hearing on the Trek was just the little rubber nubbins sticking out from the sides of the tires hitting the fender at one point. Not even anything to worry about. Proofide-ed the saddle again today and put it back on the Trek for the season. Gotta try and stay off the trainer now if possible, commute when feasible, ride evenings when I can, run otherwise, and get a ride in every weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home